Friday, August 31, 2012

 Hello to all! My schedule is changing, and after Sept. 7Th I will be posting my blogs on a different day. Probably Saturday night, or Sunday before noon CST United States. But next week I will make it on Thursday night. I finally made it to the pods this week. I laid two rows on the laundry room pod, and put two by fours in to lay plywood on top. The pantry pod was only one row behind. I will be putting 2x6 boards in it when I lay the next row. 
As soon as I finished laying the last bags on the laundry room pod, I started getting ready for the rain that was being forecast as a result of the hurricane Isaac. I had a new pile of dirt piled up the day before my sister came, and on the hill behind it were mounds, and holes below, where the bucket of the backhoe pulled dirt up and some of them were deep too, so I smoothed it out and shoveled dirt into the holes and made a ditch for the water to run down , if I had not done that I am sure that I would have a pond there right now because it did rain a lot, I do not know how much, I do not have a rain gauge anymore. It worked, I checked it this afternoon and it drained away from the pile really well. 

Then I covered the pods with the awesome cotton tarp my sister brought. Her daughter's boss gave them to her, and she gave them to my sister. Thank you all for the tarps. They are heavy and very good tarps. They are really big too, when they put big bales of cotton on to semi trucks, and or rail cars I suppose, they cover them with one of these tarps. The only draw back is I didn't have any way to slant the tarps, so they got water pockets in them and I had to cut the tarps in various places to get the water out of the pockets, sad, but I had to do it. I can still use them and they did a fantastic job keeping the pods dry. Until next Thursday. God bless you all. Ozarkmoma

No comments: