Thursday, November 11, 2010

                                             South end of the greenhouse room - jars showing
 

Happy dirt day to all! Lou came Monday, and we worked on the house a spell, then we got up fairly early the next day and got started, but it is so hard to get the dirt right now, I put everything into using the pick that I have, but it was like a rock, hopefully the rain that is supposedly coming will soften it up a bit, that would help, and plus, the dirt is getting further away from where we need it, in other words, I best come up with some extra money soon, somehow and rent a backhoe so I can get another supply of dirt up on top of the hill and make a dirt bridge accross to the house, maybe it would go a little faster then, it could not hurt for sure. One other thing that might help for a while, I have been adding the short pieces of PVC pipe in the walls, after about two rows on top, they should be stable enough to attach planks and use them as built in temporary *stair* scaffolds. We shall see. Well, must say thanks to my sister for the help, especially since I wanted to put the jars in the wall, she was a wonderful help and I really appreciate it. Will try to lay a row of bags on part of the dome today, and maybe make it to the other side and then start on the pods after I finish that, would be nice if I could do that by the end of next week, but very doubtful. Until the next blog, God bless. Ozarkmoma
north end of the greenhouse room


No comments: