Monday, October 22, 2012

I went to my sisters house this week end for a really quick visit. Our friend from Rhode Island was here and unfortunately I was not able to spend any time with them, other than run down to her house for a few hours. While I was there my sister took me out to one of their ponds and I collected two small samples of duckweed. I put one sample into the tub with my water lilies, and this is the other. I am going to learn how to grow it.....

 Yesterday I had one day to do all of the things that I needed to do, so I only did a few of the most important chores, I took care of the critters, and picked my little bit of fresh produce for the day, here I have some collard greens, some tops off of the brussel plants, a few tomatoes, and the sweet potatoes were laying on top of the ground so I picked them and put a soda can next to them for size comparison.
 I planted some container gardens, LOL!!! The taller pots have potatoes, I want to try to keep a fresh crop of potatoes growing through the winter months in containers, ...?! I also mowed my garden and plan on planting some type of winter crops in it, even though last year after I had planted it my neighbors cows came over and ate everything in it I am going to be goofy enough to plant again!!! DUH
Last but not least I screened dirt for plastering next week end when I get a day to do it, IF I get a day to do it. I really have to get it done before hard winter sets in. I also plan on building the lean-to-hoop-room next week end!! LOL Big plans, always! Until next time. God bless...Ozarkmoma

No comments: