Monday, July 20, 2015

 I just wanted to make a quick post today. This is the front of the house, before I started clearing you could not see it for the brush and wild blackberry plants. Also, there are odds and ends of stuff, most of which I cannot use, but I hauled it off for an elderly couple that needed help. I will have to dispose of it.
 You can see the end of the little shed, and my mobile mansion. The dirt bridge is overgrown with brush, but I am slowly clearing it, that is where I will haul dirt up to with the tractor and it will make my work a lot easier.
 As you can see the tire wall does not look as good as it used to, and all of the dirt to the right of the tire wall needs to be moved out. The drain is the extension of the french drain in the tire wall, it will go behind the greenhouse that will be in that area. The drain will drain any run off from the hill side.
I am still in the process of trying to uncover the dome, there are hoards of wasps under the tarps, and snakes. If you are from the south in the US, then you can imagine how bad it is after leaving the tarps unmoved for so long. DUH! There is also damage to the house from water, most of the tarps are rotten and not working, except they do provide good nesting places for wasps. In a way I feel like I will never get this done, but I was reminded yesterday by my son Simon that every since I started this house, there has been one thing after the other to slow me down, it started with a dog bite. But, don't worry, I am 'too stupid to give up', as a good friend used to say. (She meant it in a good way). I have pulled off a lot more of the tarps, but there are still some that I am having trouble getting off because of the wasps. The dirt is getting moved out too, I will try to post more pictures soon. Hopefully I will be plastering and laying bags soon. Until next time. Ozarkmoma

No comments: